Even with simple tools and equipment, we can reach our fitness goals in a matter of time. There are even people who get creative with their workouts even with most limited resources. Others, don't even need to go to the gym, but instead, they go to the parks and used the bars and do Calisthenics. To make things better, you can get muscular, strong, and massive with just the use of dumbbells. That's right! We are going to suggest the Best Dumbbell Set to make yourself a stronger individual.
** Below, you'll find more detailed reviews, but you can click links above to see current prices and read customer's review on Amazon
Types of Dumbbell
We all know what a dumbbell is and how it looks like. Several companies have come up with the new design to innovate the products thanks to the help of modern technology. We always know how it works when we pump "iron" through the day and get our muscle going. There are now different compositions of dumbbells using various materials.
#1. Spinlock Dumbbells
- It is one of the classic designs where you can slap in some plates for you desired weight, and tighten it with a lock. It is one of the best ways to save space in your house since it wouldn't require you to have specific weights per dumbbells.
- The only thing about is that there are times the lock would loosen up between workouts, and the plates would start clanking and moving around while you are doing your exercise.
- You only the hand bar itself, and a couple of plates to start your exercise. There are some that have rubber grips on them because other people would prefer it that way. Steel at times could get slippery especially when you are sweating.
#2. Hex-Head Dumbbells
- These are just hard to its very core. The entire dumbbell itself is what comprises its weight which makes this a popular choice for hardcore gyms. It is great to place them down the place because they don't roll over; which makes it safe to drop them.
- There are rubber compositions of it as well if you don't want to damage the flooring of your house or establishment. The bad thing about rubber is they tend to crack over time.
#3. Bowflex Dumbbells
- The Bowflex type of dumbbell is one of the best sellers if you're just planning to use it at home. The number one advantage of it can switch weights quickly from its base. It also cleans up the space making a top choice for a piece of equipment at home.
#4. Fixed Dumbbells
- It is the other option for fitness establishments. They are just too comfortable and easy to utilize making them a primary selection in the gym. The number one dilemma of gym owners it hey needs to order a lot of dumbbells which would already take up so much space. Good luck if you're trying to buy a set of dumbbells up to a pair of one hundred.
Advantages Of Dumbbell Workouts
Although they have a different function from barbells, dumbbells can also give you strength in another way. It also develops your imbalances if necessary. They are mainly used for isolation since you can either use them together or alternatively.
It teaches you how to stabilizes yourself and it is a big help if you are into bodyweight exercises as well. It activates muscle fiber that you didn’t know exists. Because of it, you can perform an increased range of motion. An increased ROM also practices safety lifting because you are allowing your muscle to move freely as long as it is not too heavy.
There are a lot of varieties that you can do with the dumbbell exercises. It would best help if you also have an adjustable bench you to have more versions of exercises to your arsenal. You only need to do simple movements to get bigger results.
1. Alternating Dumbbell Lunges
We can start off with the legs and work on them alternately. It is important to have an equal strength for legs so that you will have a balanced and stable squat form.
To be honest, this will make your core work harder than you expected. You to balance the dumbbells with your arms and keep yourself stable.
3. Alternating Bicep Curls
Let's have an ideal gun show and pump them out. Just keep pumping the irons, and you will grow your biceps in no time. Don’t cheat your reps, or your results will cheat you as well.
4. Dumbbell Row
Time to grow your back and have the famous lat spread pose. It attacks your middle back for that thickness in size. You can either do it from the bench, or from the floor.
5. Chest Press
With the help of an adjustable bench press, you can do it in any position you like depending on what you want to emphasize on. Time some meat into your pectoral muscles.
6. Shoulder Press
If you want your deltoids to look like boulders, then this is the workout that you want to do. Go heavy and many reps, and you’re going to have stones on your shoulders. You can execute this seated or standing.
Best Dumbbell Sets
Now that you have a brief knowledge about the kinds of dumbbells and the workouts to do, it is time for you to buy your own. The following Best Dumbbell Sets are the ones that have been rated highly by the buyers, and we trust the quality of each product.
- Easily adjustable
- Doesn’t take too much space at home
- A total of fifteen weight combinations
- The weight switching mechanism would malfunction
First off, it is a unique and a convenient design for dumbbells. I mean, I would have the in my home if I wanted to, but that's it. It is not ideal to place it in gym establishments. I know it makes it easier to change one weight to another, but the mechanism that allows it to do that would fail in some cases.
- Expands up to 90lbs per dumbbell.
- It is very stable.
- It is comfortable to rest on your thighs
- Some of the weights are mismatched.
- The plastic pins are flimsy than the previous version
My honest opinion about is that it is odd designed but effective for a lot of people. The only I am concerned about this dumbbell more than anything else is that the weights are so mismatched. It could be one pound lower than the other, and that is dangerous. Not all the products are like that, but only a few.
- It is easy to store and maintain.
- Very portable
- Great for beginners to learn foundations.
- Suitable for home exercises.
- It is only up to 24 pounds.
- The locking mechanism would be hard to align at times, and would get stuck.
Another variant of the of the Power Block products that is best used for light and toning workouts at home. If you are not the type that wants to get huge but just want to be in shape, then this would already suffice your goals. The selector allows you to change the pins easily, and it is easy to get around with.
- Made of solid cast iron
- Very durable.
- It doesn’t roll around thanks to the hexagonal heads.
- It takes too much space.
- Could be very expensive if you need heavier weights.
- Can damage your floor.
Nothing beats a good old cold iron in the grasp of your hands. It is a great investment, only if you are planning to take it seriously. Although, this is not something that you would want to put it in your house since it will take a whole lot of space.
- Sold in five-pound increments.
- Made from iron covered with rubber.
- Minimal maintenance required
- It takes up space.
- The handle could be slippery.
- It bounces when it drops
What I like about them is they don't that much maintenance to keep. It is as simple as it gets, just picks it up and lift it. Although, you have to sacrifice more space in your house since you will need more dumbbells if you desire to go heavy on your lifts. Just be careful that you don't drop it because it tends to bounce.
You can’t have any more convenience and quality combined with the product. It is perfect to use at home, and they are very portable as well. You can even have one set in your office, and it won’t mess up your area.
- Just remember to warm-up before your workouts, and practice safe lifting environment to avoid injuries.
- Have the proper diet and nutrition for better results.
- Wear wrist wraps since dumbbell workouts put a lot of pressure on the wrists.
- Don’t drop the weights and have someone to spot you.
Everything now is very convenient for us to do. The Best Dumbbell Sets are now very easy to get by just ordering them on Amazon.com. We may have our choice, but the other choice may work better for you as well. Be sure to share this with your friends, and leave your comments below for further questions.
I’m Gregory Brown, chief editor at ConstructMuscles.com
I spend half of my time in this blog while the other half on being physical fitness trainer. Believing in the great benefits of bodybuilding and fitness to the body, I’ve been motivated to become a fitness enthusiast. It also was what gave me the self-confidence and assurance within myself both physically and psychologically.