Sometimes, it is hard to become motivated before a workout especially if you're tired from work, or taking care of the kids at home. When coffee no longer works for us first thing in the morning, maybe we can start investing on pre-workouts. It contains ingredients that can give you a huge boost of energy to make you "pumped" before the workout.
For this article, we have selected products that are safe for women to take. There might be chemicals that may not be compatible for women. We have carefully chosen the Best Pre-Workout for Women for an energized workout session.
** Below, you'll find more detailed reviews, but you can click links above to see current prices and read customer's review on Amazon
What Is It?
A pre-workout is a supplement composed of varieties of ingredients that is intended to give a quick energy boost for your workout. We want to exert our greatest effort before we workout so that the day won’t be wasted, which is why people are investing in the product. We can’t always have the energy or the pump that we need before the workout, therefore, it has been formulated to do so.
These days different companies have been battling out which formula would be the best for any individual. There have been cases that some brands have released products which can put us to risk just to maximize the performance of the product.
The Ingredients That Do the Job
So, what is in it? What comprises the supplement to sky-rocket our energy levels? It gives us an extra boost to out-perform ourselves in our daily routines. Companies have created such product to ensure that it gives you the best delivery for a performance like no other. It is just right for you to know what is in a pre-workout just in case you are allergic to some of them.
- The primary function of the beta-alanine is to increase muscle stamina and endurance. It is the reason why that when you look at the nutrition facts of some products; the dose is 1000mg which I have to say it’s a lot. Although, you don't have to go beyond that because you would feel as there are ants crawling all over your skin. If that happens, then you know that the dose is too much for you.
- It is the reason why bodybuilders can push out a lot of reps. The thing is, it is not a substance that you necessarily have to take before you go to the gym. You can take it anytime you want, just as long as it is not before bed time.
Another key ingredient that will keep you up at night is caffeine. Some nutrition facts of products have different kinds of caffeine in them, but it still works the same way. You cannot go above 250mg of caffeine, or you might experience palpitations or jitters even after your workout.
What could be even worse is you might find a hard time sleeping at night, and be tired and off-the-mood for the following day. It is the reason why the ingredient is found in thermogenic fat-burners to increase the blood flow and heart rate so that our body temperature would rise. So, yes it also promotes weight-loss.
One of the main reasons why they put zinc is because it boosts your testosterone without even doing big physical movements; which is another reason why you are already "pumped" before you work out. It is another reason why that some pre-workout for women have a higher zinc dosage since females don't produce testosterone as fast as males.
4. Branch-Chained Amino Acids
BCAA's promote anabolic properties for stronger muscles and quick recovery. It stimulates protein synthesis which is why people would also drink as an intra-workout. It prevents your muscles achieving a catabolic state.
It is almost like a shield or a cooler to make your muscles stay in condition all the time. It suppresses the muscle breakdown while you are working out, so in simpler terms, it preserves the muscle mass while it is working.
However, some companies will have a "secret blend" in their product, since they want to get ahead than the rest. The ingredients that are mentioned above are the key ingredients that will keep you going and give you a kickstart for the day. Other would say that creatine is a prime factor, but it doesn't matter how you take the creatine. You can take it before or after your workout.
#1. Weight Loss
- If your goal is to shed off a couple of pounds of your body, then add a pre-workout to your arsenal. There other proprietary blends, besides caffeine, which promotes weight loss.
- The other blends such as the green tea blend can also burn fat quickly. It boosts your metabolism, and help you reduce the levels of cortisol which aids your body to lose weight.
- I am not just talking about focus in the workout per se but during the entire day. It allows you to concentrate more on your jobs, and be alert to whatever is happening. Some people get disoriented when you go to your office after his/her workout.
#3. Blood Circulation
- It is ideal that blood circulates regularly and normally for recovery purposes. It allows your muscles to receives the nutrients that it ness for it to grow and become better.
#4. Prevents Nerve Damage
- Pre-workouts contain Vitamin B 12 which promotes the health of your nerves. There are times that we get nerve damage from our daily activities even from the unsuspecting events.
How Does It Help For A Workout?
So, having mentioned of what the ingredients and how it can benefit you concerning health, now how does it assist you in for a crazy routine. It is not just a psychological aspect that if you take your pre-workout, it's going to work immediately. The ingredients will help you give out the energy you need, and the mechanics your body must do for you to have a successful workout session.
I know it is very popular in the bodybuilding world for a supplement like this, it works for every sport there is. Even if you are just a practitioner or a serious athlete, it will work for you. It increases your performance upgrading your stamina and performance. I am not saying that you always have to drink a pre-workout all the time because you can be immune to it.
It is almost like taking creatine where you have to be on or off from it, but it doesn't necessarily have to be in a cycle. It is there to promote blood flow so that you will be able to get back to your next set better. It is the rest in between your sets where you will also feel the effect of the pre-workout.
Best Pre-Workout For Women
Now that you have been fed the right information about the pre-workout, then I guess you won't have a hard time in choosing your product. These Best Pre-Workout for Women, have been selected and proven by athletes and experts alike. As for our part, we reviewed each product carefully, and we have read the reviews of other buyers as well.
- Contains Citrulline Malate and Theanine for energy boost
- Works great for both men and women
- Naturally sweetened
- Could be bitter for some people.
- Short shelf-life
One of the products in this list that doesn’t please much the crowd with its taste. I thought that it was one flavor that gives a bitter aftertaste, but same goes with the other flavors as well; what a shame. Another thing is, it has a short shelf-life, so I guess you have to buy the small size and finish it immediately? Nonetheless, if you are after the effects, then this product will give you that.
- Has one of the best tasting flavors
- Heavily boosts metabolism
- Don’t need to worry about sleeplessness
- The special flavors could be a little more expensive
- The energy boost only last for a short while
The taste is a big factor when it comes to supplements. Since these kinds of products are hyped with vitamins and other things, it will be hard to mask the awful taste that it could bring. VB has done a good job, and it has been awarded for having a great taste as a supplement. The only thing I am worried about is the span of energy boosting period. Some say that it is only good in the first fifteen minutes of their workouts. Hope they didn't crash hard afterward.
- Contains 1500mg citrulline for maximum effect
- Developed a nice formula for constant effect
- Uplifts moods even in the most intense workouts
- Mild effects
- Underdosing of some ingredients
For me, the Gx7 has a smart formulation. Even though it doesn't give much of the effect, they know about the safety that people need. To add to that, it lasts long, and you can work out with a light and energetic mood. Some people is not compatible with the ingredients it has. They will still have a tingling feeling for long hours; which of course, would freak them out.
- It has tetramethyl uric acid to enhance physical performance
- Adds focus
- Great flavors
- Incomplete ingredient labels
- Could be too intense for some people
Cellucor C4 is a popular pre-workout supplement, and even the users in bodybuilding.com would use it as well and give great feedbacks. Of course, you will be very suspicious that some of the ingredient profiles are lacking. Another thing is, it might contain some legal substances that could be prohibited in some athletic events or opens, so be careful about buying this product. It is a very effective product, but could still give jitters here and there.
- Don’t go over the suggested serving as it is already formulated per serving. The side effects could be much worse if you overdo it.
- If you are going to take your creatine after the workout, just take whatever grams you still need. Let's say if you need to take 5 grams within the day, and the pre-workout has 2.5 grams per serving, then just take 2.5 of creatine afterward.
- Do not take it near bedtime, even if the only time you can visit the gym is at night. Just take it in the morning, and it would still be in effect at night.
- Do not forget to detoxify your body when you are taking in supplements.
- Consult your doctor or physician, if you have a medical condition that would trigger if you use the product.
We have just given you the Best Pre-Workout for Women. It is just time to give you that extra push and energy that you need for you to become extra powerful. Not all the products may be compatible for you, so please feel free to search the one for you. Leave your comments below if you have any other questions about it.
I’m Gregory Brown, chief editor at ConstructMuscles.com
I spend half of my time in this blog while the other half on being physical fitness trainer. Believing in the great benefits of bodybuilding and fitness to the body, I’ve been motivated to become a fitness enthusiast. It also was what gave me the self-confidence and assurance within myself both physically and psychologically.